Some days seem to go so well. So well that you don't even want to jinx it by talking about it. Maybe writing about it doesn't count? And I will have just as good a day tomorrow? We can hope!
Back up two nights ago... I was up with Skylar for two hours trying to calm him after he woke in pain from his diaper rash (rough day with the diapers!). Then the next day as I tried to catch up on my sleep from the night before, Elaina threw the biggest tantrum over sleeping in her bed during nap.
So last night I was exhausted and ready to sleep. The kids came through and slept until almost seven this morning. They woke up happy too! Then I got the morning to myself when my mother in law came to watch the kids. Sure I had to have a crack in my tooth filled and my mouth still hurts but I had four hours to myself! I came home to two kids that were happy and tired. They went down with only a minor Elaina tantrum lasting less than five minutes. Followed by them napping for three hours!
I also decided today that I was tired of buying diapers. Yes, tired of the cost and especially tired of the fact that Elaina was just being stubborn. So I caved and bought M&Ms to bribe her and guess what. She went at least four times this afternoon!
Feeling abnormally brave I decided to take the kids to the pool myself. I knew I was pushing my luck but we survived. No tantrums when it was time to leave. No running to the splash pad area. No crawling into the tunnel they love. They stayed right at my side, splashing and playing.
We came home and had dinner where both kids ate and got along with no fighting. Am I in the Twilight Zone? Nothing ever goes this good ALL DAY!! And it continued with them going to bed without a fight, no problems at all. I am not going to push my luck any further. Off to bed I go, knowing that one or both will wake in the middle of the night. One or both will wake crabby. But for now I am enjoying reliving the day that went so well.
It's amazing the little things you appreciate! I hope your one great night/day led to many more!
ReplyDelete