Friday, October 31, 2008

New niece!! (and Skylar is crawling!)

Yesterday morning Tim and Erika had their first baby, Olivia Sarah!! I got to visit them in the hospital in the late morning and she is beautiful with a lot of hair. She definitely looks like a Murray! Erika (and Tim) were very tired after a hard labor but were so happy to welcome Olivia who is a healthy little one. We can't wait for the twins to meet their first Murray cousin. It is especially neat because they are so close in age. With the Murray boys (and Jon) doing their annual fly fishing trips, I had been telling my mom that when Skylar is older and goes with them we needed to do a special trip with Elaina. My plan was for a weekend of shopping and girl fun in Chicago with a trip to the American Girl doll store. Now we have another girl to tag along and I couldn't be happier!! Welcome sweet Olivia...we love you!!

In the excitement of Olivia's birth, I don't think I posted that two days ago, Skylar started crawling FORWARD! Oh yeah, he has been moving for awhile but it has been backwards. Now he moves forward albeit slow and awkward but hey he is going in the right direction which is causing him to be less frustrated and to sleep for almost 12 hours now at night (yippee!!). Elaina is everywhere and moving fast. Her favorite thing to do is to chase the cats around the basement. Highly entertaining!

Today is Halloween and the babes will be penguins. Would be funnier if they were starting to walk. But as I have said before I think once they are I will break out the costumes again so Jon and I can get in some laughs! Yes, we use our kids for entertainment but when you have twins you can't get out much and you find it where you can!

1 comment: